I haven't been up for offering advice much lately.
I've got some life changes happening soon. Ok, really just one, I'm moving (again), but it is consuming so much of my mental energy.
And I'm feeling discouraged that I don't have swarms of people willing to give up everything in their lives to come help me.
Which, I mean, I really should expect that, right?
I guess it's just also sometimes good for you to know that I struggle, too.
In the meantime, I've been doing some reading.
I started with the book, Growing Up Dugger which I didn't finish.
Then I started to read Tattoos on the Heart by Jesuit Priest Gregory Boyle. It's really good, but warning that there is some bad language in it. The author lives and serves among the gangs in Los Angeles and his stories are amazing. I'm starting a hook club with my church (but all are welcome!) to read it together.
In the middle of reading that I read the book "Locked In" about a guy who was in a cult like church close to my hometown. I love reading memoirs of cults.
So that's what happening in my life right now. Pray for me and please let me know what you want me to talk about!
No comments:
Post a Comment